Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Loving Every Minute

As the month comes to a close and Autumn has begun, I look forward to what is to come.  I am a Fall baby so this time of year is especially inspiring to me. Now that I have been at this whole business owning thing for a whole month now, I realize, I'm in pretty good shape. I am loving what I am doing, and that is the most important part. But watching the kids that are in classes thrive in the studio recharges my love for it even more. There is something about a 5 year old recreating  Andy Warhol's work or a sixth grader studying every brush stroke of Van Gogh making them her own. I think the best part of it all is being able to share it with everyone. 
I had my first Gallery Event this past Saturday and it was one of the best birthday presents I have ever given myself (hehe). Through the generosity of some wonderful friends and all local artists, in one way or another, I was able to have an amazing event. Even the band was a bunch of locals! Thank You Robot IQ!! Seriously though, from Garth Francis's work borrowed from his wonderful sister Chris, Jenny Knaus's amazing portraits, Jenny Maher's beautiful head ware, Chris O'Herron's stunning painting of a hay field, Peter's oil sketches, Tom Kutz's photo... and all the others, Courtney and Evandras "Scribble Fish", I must stop.... And then there were all those that turned out to see what I had done. My studio. It is bright and in your face. It is also inspiring. A place to dream. I have great feelings about this dream of mine. Great aspirations to give this community a place to go and dream as well. 
October will be a very busy month at River City, 2 Birthday parties planned, A Ghoulish Gallery opening, and River City's Pumpkin Fest and the 17th Collinsville Halloween Parade.  So much to do!! Then the second session of classes begins November 1. How time flies! But like I said, I am truly loving every minute!     

No comments:

Post a Comment